Sunday, July 21, 2013

In Our Brokenness

In our brokenness...
We learn the most about ourselves.
You are always told that it is during the hard times that you become a better person. But many times, by the time we have made it through the hard times we forget to remember and look for what it is we have learned. I was recently advised to make a list of a self evaluation questions that I can periodically ask myself to keep reminding myself to learn and live with a purpose. I tend to hide from the world when I am struggling but I am learning that it is because I don't know where to begin evaluating myself. So when I am doubting, struggling with jealousy or regret, I can ask myself these questions and learn more about myself instead of beating myself up.
We take it out on the people we care for most.
We all do it. You have a bad day at work or stub your toe getting out of bed and your first reaction is to blame everyone else. What I am learning is that blaming others only pushes you further away. When I feel that I am losing control or maybe don't want to be open with someone I tend to just distance myself. Well, trust me, it doesn't work. But what I have learned is to value the people you care for the most. Always be willing to be open with them and work through conflict.
We remember God's unfailing love for us.
This is the biggest one for me.  Everyday I am more and more overwhelmed at how God takes care of us and makes his plan clear to us. He continues to open doors for me to get back to jovenes, he shows me everyday that there is a bigger picture. When the world is telling me "you need to get married, go to graduate school, buy a house" I can remember that God loves me and he is taking care of my future. God's love keeps me from being suffocated by the world.
But finally, In our brokenness, God gives us peace. How exciting it is to know that we are not in control...the creator of our universe is!

No comments:

Post a Comment